(FULLTIME, UK BASED, START DATE Q1 ’19)
Are you passionate about spirits, food and drinks? Do you have a hands-on mentality and the natural ability to get sh*t done? And do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing craft spirit brands in the Netherlands and truly make an impact as we re-write the rule book when it comes to rum?
Its our mission to rejuvenate the rum category by creating a new category within; INFUSED RUM. To be the first real flavour innovator in (and near) rum by redistilling and infusing rum with real botanicals. Our real and honest approach to rum isn’t just better tasting but also better for the world. Since the launch 2 years ago we have been successful in getting listed in over 300 sites in 8 countries across Europe and beyond. AS one of the fastest growing spirit brands in the Netherlands, Union is known for its disruptive activations and unique approach.
We are on a mission to broaden the horizons in (and near) Rum. One bottle, one bar, one city at the time. To make sure Union brand can keep growing at this pace (and faster) we are looking for an export manager to join the team. You will be based in the UK and traveling to and from the distillery in Amsterdam.
A day in the life of:
- Establishing the best new countries to launch Spirited Union, including a standardized approach to day-to-day management and the selection of distributors.
- Spending a day in trade in Paris: in the morning a training to the sales force, the afternoon a sales drive with one of the reps followed by a masterclass for bartenders so they can recommend Spirited Union and then finally some cocktails in the hottest cocktail bar that stocks Union.
- Run the updated P&L in Spain, agree on the commercial business plan and negotiate the contract with our distributor.
- Aligning on the brand plan including sharing best practices on merchandising bars or retail accounts to make sure we have good visibility to drive our rate of sale.
- Initiating and planning the international trade shows (or other ways) to expand our international footprint and engage with our partners and bartenders.
- Hosting a cocktail food pairing dinner in Berlin where you tell full of passion about why Spirits and food is a better match than wine and food.
You’re good at (tick the boxes below):
- Being a mini general manager, managing sales, marketing, finance, logistics – the whole lot (of course supported by the rest of the team!)
- Building lasting relationships with like-minded businesses.
- Working independently, taking the lead, being proactive.
You have (must haves)
- Prior experience in international sales through distributors and you can talk, full of pride, about what you have achieved.
- You have worked in and with premium trade and you have a black book to match.
- Worked in the consumer goods/ drinks industry before so you understand how consumers behave, what makes distributors tick and what international logistics entails so you can hit the ground running.
- Passion for and knowledge of spirits.
- A flexible schedule, this is not a 9 to 5 job and you need to travel frequently to visit our distributors in the region
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Too much energy and no issues with working hard!
- Impeccable language skills (Fluency in English, other languages a bonus).
Working with us (what we offer):
- A truly entrepreneurial environment, which is going through huge growth so we offer some serious (personal) development opportunities
- Work with some seriously smart and agile people, in a small driven and diverse team with no corporate BS
- The chance to be part of an adventure, building a company & brand from the ground up
- Competitive salary, bonus, and potential for equity participation.
If you want to be part of our journey send an email to Ruben at email@example.com with your CV, brief motivation and a short summary of who you are.
About Spirited Union Distillery
The story behind each of our spirits starts with the colourful world of herbs and spices and how they can create vibrant tastes. Making a delicious drink is a bit like cooking a delicious meal; you need to combine textures and tastes to create a memorable experience. So we start with the flavour kick we’re trying to create then replicate it by exploring the vast world of botanicals and infusions. Each ingredient needs to be infused or distilled for the right length of time. Delicate aromatic flowers, leaves and seeds need less infusion time. Harder fruits, roots and barks need longer. (It’s one of the reasons why each batch carries it’s own unique number)
To rejuvenate the rum category, we’ve opened the doors to our very own distillery located in Amsterdam. Its eco-friendly and all our spirits are made with real ingredients.
“Better tastings and Better for the world.”