UK Brand Ambassador
(FULLTIME, LONDON BASED, START DATE JULY)
Are you passionate about spirits, food and drinks? Do you have a hands-on mentality and the natural ability to get sh*t done? And do you want to join an independent distillery and spirits brand as we re-write the rule book when it comes to rum?
It’s our mission to revolutionize the rum category by creating a new flavour driven category for rum through the use of botanicals. To add a real and honest approach o rum and to become a flavour innovator in (and near) rum by redistilling and infusing rum with real botanicals.
Since the launch 2,5 year ago we have been successful in getting listed in over 300 sites in 8 countries across Europe and beyond. As one of the fastest growing spirit brands in the Netherlands, Union is known for its disruptive activations, fresh and disruptive approach.
UK SALES AMBASSADOR (FULL TIME – LONDON BASED – START Q1’19)
A day in the life of:
- Establishing contact with the best bars to introduce Union, including a standardized approach to day-to-day account management and the selection of new bars.
- Spending a day in trade in London: in the morning a distributor meeting to discuss depletions in wholesale and retail, the afternoon a sales calls with one of the followed by a masterclass for bartenders in a key account, so they can recommend Spirited Union and then finally pay a visit and have a cocktail in bars that stocks Union.
- Aligning on the brand plan including sharing best practices on merchandising bars or retail accounts to make sure we have good visibility to drive our rate of sale.
- Initiating and planning the trade shows (or other ways) to expand our footprint and engage with our partners and bartenders.
- Hosting a cocktail food pairing dinner in a bar in Shoreditch where you tell full of passion about why Rum and food is a better match than wine and food.
- Fly to the distillery in Amsterdam to work on new recipes and continue planning for growth.
You’re good at (tick the boxes below):
- Trade talk
- Being a mini general manager, managing sales, marketing and logistics- (of course supported by the rest of the team!)
- Building lasting relationships with bars, bar managers, buyers, wholesalers etc.etcetc.
- Working independently, taking the lead, being proactive.
You have (must haves)
- Prior experience in sales and you can talk, full of pride, about what you have achieved.
- You have worked in and with premium trade and you have a black book to match.
- Passion for and knowledge of spirits.
- A flexible schedule, this is not a 9 to 5 job and you need to travel frequently to visit the distillery and key cities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Too much energy and no issues with working hard!
- Impeccable language skills (Fluency in English, other languages a bonus).
- London based is a pre.
Working with us (what we offer):
- A truly entrepreneurial environment, which is going through huge growth so we offer some serious (personal) development opportunities.
- Work with some seriously smart and agile people, in a small driven and diverse team with no corporate BS
- The chance to be part of an adventure, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- Competitive salary (depending on work experience), bonus, and expense budget.
If you want to be part of our journey send an email to Ruben at email@example.com with your CV, brief motivation and a short summary of who you are.
About Spirited Union Distillery
The story behind each of our spirits starts with the colourful world of herbs and spices and how they can create vibrant tastes. Making a delicious drink is a bit like cooking a delicious meal; you need to combine textures and tastes to create a memorable experience. So we start with the flavour kick we’re trying to create then replicate it by exploring the vast world of botanicals and infusions. Each ingredient needs to be infused or distilled for the right length of time. Delicate aromatic flowers, leaves and seeds need less infusion time. Harder fruits, roots and barks need longer. (It’s one of the reasons why each batch carries it’s own unique number)
To rejuvenate the rum category, we’ve opened the doors to our very own distillery located in Amsterdam. Its eco-friendly and all our spirits are made with real ingredients.
“Better tastings and Better for the world.”